Each Friday afternoon at 2pm until 4pm.
We are really excited to be holding drop-in sessions each Friday for people living with Dementia in Prestatyn and surrounding area’s. The first session will start on Friday March 3rd 2017.
Each session is facilitated by specialist experienced support staff. With the assistance of the dementia champion and other volunteers at
To be honest we are not yet 100% sure what format these sessions will take, however the agenda set by the participants needs.
The idea is simple – to provide a safe and relaxing place for people living with dementia and their families and carers to share experiences.
Have access to information and to meet others in the same situation.
We are also aiming to combat the isolation felt by citizens through:
- Providing a relaxing place where people can share experiences.
- Providing a range of speakers and activities that give information that helps to support members.
- Enabling both carers and cared-for to share and enjoy an activity together
- Speaking out about dementia and its effects so that people feel empowered to deal with it.
- Developing a range of resources and information that people can use to help improve their knowledge of the condition and to enhance their daily lives.
- Most importantly for people to have fun together
Over the past 3 or 4 years we have gained experience of running events and groups. We consider the best way to be successful is to let the attendees select the agenda and then to facilitate that.
It is going to be a huge learning experience for us all.
As with most of our events at The Old Library we welcome suitable volunteers to help with the sessions.